Join us for a private dinner with no less than 8 of your closest friends (we can accommodate up to 10 people.). We will prepare a special selection of appetizers from the best the market has to offer that day. You choose from the menu below one selection for each course to put together an amazing Italian feast. Don’t forget the wine as it is BYOB!
Fall and Early Winter Menu 2015
Best Choices of La Cucina
- White Pasta e Fagioli A lighter version of the traditional tomato based soup. The creamy cannellini beans give the tasty broth it’s velvety texture
- Classic Wedding Soup Lots of goodies in this hearty bowl of an Italian classic. The tiny meatballs, the greens and , of course, delicious stuffed tortellini as a real treat!
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup This creamy soup is perfect topped with a dollop of creamy mascarpone and toasted walnuts!
*****some of our guests have opted for us to add a wider selection of appetizers ( a total of 7 or 8) and eliminate the soup. Your choice…wonderful either way!
- Gnocchi alla Sorrentina Our own homemade ricotta gnocchi prepared the way we learned in Sorrento. Gently covered in creamy tomato basil sauce and the topped with fresh mozzarella. A few minutes in the oven to melt that delicate cheese is the final touch.
- Gnocchi alle Broccoli Tender puffs of our famous dumplings baked in creamy white cheddar and mascarpone cheese sauce with tiny broccoli florets that are emerald green and oh so yummy!
- Pumpkin Ravioli in Hazelnut Cream Sauce…oh my! Seasonal flavors made even better with a taste of Frangelico Liqueur.
- Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage Butter. The squash and the sage are from Mario’s garden. The pasta is made by hand…it can’t be any better!
- Cavatappi with Shrimp and Basil Cream Corkscrew shaped pasta holds onto the sauce so that you get the full flavor of the basil and the perfect little shrimp.
- Lasagna Bolognese – A true Classic Italian dish. A delicious sauce covering layers of homemade past and held together by creamy mozzarella and buttery parmesan…it’s oh sooo good!
- Fettuccine Boscaiola Homemade pasta ribbons topped with mushrooms, bacon and tomatoes!
- Veal Ossobucco Braised veal shanks sautéed until golden and then roasted for hours so that the meat just falls away from the bone…a dish served for truly special occasions like the one you celebrate with us!
- Chicken Saltimbocca Prosciutto, melted cheese and age are the crowning glory on the tender boneless fillet of chicken.
- Pollo Nicola Broccoli and sun dried tomatoes in a silky white wine sauce. The chicken wonderfully tender…the sauce is lick your plate clean…that good!
- Braised Pork Chops…Simple is good. Thick chops on the bone braised in garlic, rosemary and white wine and finished in the oven for tender juiciness.
- Crown Roast of Pork One of our most requested entrees. The presentation is awesome, the meat tender and moist. The roasted veggies that garnish the crown are a perfect accompaniment.
- Slow Roasted Beef Brisket…Lots of red wine a hint of citrus and many hours are the perfect combination to this homestyle dish.
- Chicken or Veal Marsala Tender fillets sautéed and then simmered in Marsala wine and lots of mushrooms.
- Seasonal greens lightly sautéed and still beautifully green and seasoned with just a hint of garlic.
- Ciambotta… a true Nonna preparation. Seasonal veggies married together in a light tomato sauce..Eggplant, zucchini, red peppers and green beans…color, texture and flavor…oh boy!
- Sauteed green beans with tomatoes and calamata olives…simple is good!
- Roasted Root vegetables a true sign of fall. The wonderful colors and hearty flavors are perfect for any of the roasted meats.
- Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta…Pancetta is the Italian version of bacon…so it already tastes good!
- Glazed carrots…everyone’s favorite. Our secret combination of ingredients have made this veggie a tasty treat
- Roasted Beets and Oranges…Those beautiful discs finally get the credit they deserve! Topped with walnuts, oranges and goat cheese…a perennial favorite!
- Sunny Mediterranean It may be dreary out there but the bright flavor of the refreshing dressing will add some sunshine to your day!
- Pears, Walnuts and Arugula Sweetness, crunch and the hint of pepper from the arugula make the flavors pop in this perfecting ending to a great meal!
- Sicilian Harvest In Sicily, they harvest tomatoes three times a year! You’ll love the unusual combination of ingredients in this truly Mediterranean salad.
- Chilled Roasted Veggies over Greens…decorated with a sprinkling of feta and drizzled with sweet and tart balsamic glaze.
- Classic Italian Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and olives. The best olive oil and aged golden balsamic are just perfect for the dressing!
- Ricotta Almond Cake …a humble presentation but an exceptional burst of flavor….Gina’s favorite!
- Cannoli Cake Our famous creation. Homemade Chocolate Cake layered with delicious cannoli filling and covered in creamy frosting…there’s room..we guarantee it!
- Bosc Pears Poached in Red Wine. A true Italian finish to a great meal. Warm and sweet and simple.
- Tuscan Apple Cake A rustic cake from Tuscany with the flavors of the season Topped with a dollop of vanilla gelato.
- Fresh Fruit and Cannoli A Light but delicious ending to a great feast. Can I just say that we prepared over 2000 cannoli for the Italian festival. They must be good!
- Chocolate Tart with Caramel Sauce… for those who must end the evening with chocolate. Simple but rich and decadent.
Please make us aware of any dietary restrictions or preferences. Feel free to call with any questions prior to making your final choices. 412*682*3370
Cost per person is $65 includes tax but not gratuity…at your discretion.
You may bring your own wine (Wine only please; no hard alcohol). We have all the accessories. There is no corkage or opening charge.
Minimum number of guests is 8-10 fit comfortably around our table. Please be aware that more than 10 guests will be served in the front rooms.