Join us for a private dinner with no less than 8 of your closest friends (we can accommodate up to 10 people.). We will prepare a special selection of appetizers from the best the market has to offer that day. You choose from the menu below one selection for each course to put together an amazing Italian feast. Don’t forget the wine as it is BYOB! Please choose from either the spring/summer menu or the fall menu – no combination of both (see below).
Price is $65+tax and gratuity per person! A deposit of 1/2 the payment is required to secure the reservation. Please understand that the deposit is not refundable and not transferable/exchangeable for another date.
PLEASE NOTE THAT AS OF JANUARY 1, 2018, THE COST IS $70 + TAX AND GRATUITY PER PERSON.
Winter Menu 2017/2018
Best choices of La Cucina
– Classic Wedding Lots of tasty goodies in a rich homemade chicken stock….spinach, pastina and tiny , meatballs…oh my! Pass the Parmesan!
– Escarole, tiny meatballs and cannellini beans Hearty and light at the same time. Served with a toasted crostini to soak up all the flavorful broth!
– Tomato Capellini A rich tomato based broth with broken bits of angel hair pasta…we enjoy this all season long on chilly evenings.
– Creamy Butternut Squash …delicate, rich and creamy with a sprinkle of freshly grated nutmeg and a sprinkle of toasted pecans.
– Linguine Puttanesca A spicy sauce with peppers, capers and olives crown tender homemade linguine…some grated cheese and you’re in heaven!
– Spaghetti all’Amatriciana A bacon flavored tomato sauce simmered until sweet and smoky. Named for the town near Rome and enjoyed often on our visit to Italy this summer…delizioso!
– Penne with Roasted Tomatoes, Eggplant and Zucchini…Imported pasta and homemade sauce…a perfect combination.
– Roasted Vegetable Lasagna Tender sheets of homemade pasta layered with freshly roasted seasonal veggies and three cheeses. A creamy San Marzano sauce and béchamel…nothin’ better
– Lasagna Bolognese Our wonderful Bolognese sauce layers the pasta sheets and cheeses…hours in the making but oh sooooo good!
– Portobello Mushroom Ravioli with Truffle Cream Sauce…decadently rich and flavorful. The earthy flavor of the truffles is such a perfect complement to the mushrooms…a perfect fall plate.
– Chicken Rosemary Ravioli with our simple butter and rosemary sauce…tasty and light before a hearty meat course.
– Homemade Crepe Manicotti…your choice of spinach with chicken, shrimp and roasted red peppers or meat and three cheeses topped with a creamy pesto béchamel…oh my!! (choose only one type please)
Choose Veal or Chicken with one of the following three sauces
***With Artichokes and Mushrooms in a delightful creamy white wine sauce
***Piccata… White wine, lemon and capers…so tasty and light…spoon up that sauce!
***Alla Parmigiana Our best homemade tomato sauce and topped with shredded imported provolone and mozzarella…really good..and a crowd favorite!
– Stuffed Pork Chops…Always a hit. Thick boneless pork chops breaded and topped with our apricot and pecan stuffing…just perfect!
– Veal with Sausage, Peppers and Onions Old School Italian American kitchens served this dish as a festive favorite. It’s true party fare!
– Pork Tenderloin with Carrots and Potatoes…the fillet of pork…tender and delicate. Pan juices and veggies are all just right!
– Boneless Breast of Chicken Stuffed with Spinach and Feta topped with a Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce…Our kitchen votes YES!!!!
– Cod Florentine A fillet of white fish topped with spinach and baby shrimp then drizzled with lemon butter.
For Groups of 10 or more:
– Crown Roast of Pork our homemade seasonings rubbed delicately over the meat which will roast for hours before the WOW presentation is made at the table.
– Bone In Chuck Roast Family Style all the way. Nothing says friends and family around the table like a perfectly seasoned roast surrounded by potatoes and carrots!
Contorni (Veggies and Side dishes)
– Broccoli Romano Bright green crowns sautéed with grated Romano cheese and just a sprinkle of pepper flakes.
– Ciambotta A favorite of many of our guests. A beautiful assortment of seasonal veggies like eggplant, green beans , zucchini and red peppers in a light tomato sauce.
– Greens and Beans Sauteed with olive oil and garlic…that’s it…simple is good!
– Glazed carrots Our honey and cinnamon glaze could make these sweet slices count as dessert!
– Green Beans with Tomatoes and Calamata Olives…Fresh green beans and fresh tomatoes…the perfect combination.
– Baked Potatoes Uncomplicated and Creamy…butter and salt is good…olive oil and salt EVEN Better!
– Classic Italian. A garden of goodies with extra virgin olive oil and golden balsamic.
– Roasted Beets and Oranges with Toasted Walnuts and Feta REAL roasted beets are the BEST!
– Apples, Pecans and Gorgonzola over Romaine drizzled with olive oil and balsamic glaze
– Sardegnan Walnut Cake A dense cake loaded with walnuts and honey. A little goes a long way and a scoop of gelato is the crowning touch!
– Cannoli and fresh fruit…We served over 2000 cannoli at the Italian Festival…they must be good!
– Cookies and Gelato An assortment of Italian Cookies side by side with a scoop of Italian gelato.
– Tres Leches Cake OMG!!!! From our South American friends with an Italian flare…Cool and craeamy and moist…LINDA’s NEW FAVORITE!!!
– Chocolate Kahlua Cake Our homemade chocolate cake drizzled with liqueur and covered with chocolate icing…chocolate lovers unite!
- Dinner is served family style.
- Please alert us to any dietary preferences or allergies. We will try to accommodate as best we can. We can happily accommodate vegetarians and gluten free guests; however, we are not able to accommodate vegans.
- Please call the shop to reserve a date. We do not take email reservations.
- Call the shop to make your menu selections at least 3 days before your event. 412*682*3370.
- Cost per person is $65 + tax and gratuity per person. PLEASE NOTE THAT AS OF JANUARY 1, 2018, THE COST PER PERSON IS $70 + TAX AND GRATUITY.
- Credit cards are excepted at the time of reservation for the deposit (1/2 the total number of guests). Please note this is not refundable or exchangeable for another date. However, only cash will be accepted for the remaining balance the night of the dinner.
- We respectfully request that your party adheres to the seating times.
- 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. (please no later than 8:45) or
- 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. (please no later than 9:15)
- You may bring your own wine (Wine only please; no hard alcohol). We have all the accessories. There is no corkage or opening charge.
- Recommended number of guests is 8 and no more than 10 to fit comfortably around our table. Please be aware that more than 10 guests will be served in the front rooms.