Join us for a private dinner with no less than 8 of your closest friends (we can accommodate up to 10 people.). We will prepare a special selection of appetizers from the best the market has to offer that day. You choose from the menu below one selection for each course to put together an amazing Italian feast. Don’t forget the wine as it is BYOB! Please choose from either the spring/summer menu or the fall menu – no combination of both (see below).
Price is $70+tax and gratuity per person! A deposit of 1/2 the payment is required to secure the reservation. Please understand that the deposit is not refundable and not transferable/exchangeable for another date.
Spring 2018 Menu
- Best choices of la cucina
Please choose one item from each course
- Straciatella – A flavorful chicken broth laced with egg ribbons, fresh parsley and tangy Pecorino Romano Cheese.
- Classic Wedding Soup – A true favorite in any season. Lots of goodies including tiny meatballs and even cheese tortellini.
- Minestrone di Primavera – A light vegetable soup topped with fresh herbs and made richer by little tubetti pasta.
- Celery and Potato- Simple and hearty and a perfect start to the feast about to be served.
- Lentil with Rice and Crumbled Sausage – Perfect for a cool spring day…light and delightful with just a little spice.
- Minestra di Farro – A flavorful vegetable broth holds one of the most ancient and delicious grains. Farro has a natural tasty earthiness to it…you should try it!
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna – Light as a feather egg pasta sheets hold layers of roasted veggies, our own homemade sauce and three different cheeses…beautiful and delizioso!
- Crepe Lasagna – one of our signature spring and summer dishes. Tender homemade crepes layered with arugula and prosciutto. A creamy béchamel sauce with just a hint of freshly grated nutmeg holds the cheeses…perfect!
- Lobster Ravioli – We use Italian pasta flour to make these little pillows filled with sweet lobster. The light shrimp scampi sauce with cherry tomatoes delicately covers the dish!
- Chicken Rosemary Ravioli – Chicken filled pasta covered lightly in a delicate rosemary and shallot butter sauce.
- Penne Arrabiata – Arrabiata is the Italian word for angry… Imported penne pasta dressed in our homemade spicy sauce…the sauce might be “angry” but you’ll be happy you chose this one!
- Farfalle with Broccoli and Cherry Tomatoes – The lightest of the pasta choices. Bright green bits of flavorful broccoli stirred through bow tie shaped pasta and simply dotted with fresh tomatoes and hints of garlic…it’s simple and good!
- Cavatappi pasta with béchamel and smoked salmon – a bit decadent but oh so worth it!
- Fettuccine with Creamy Mascarpone and San Marzano tomato sauce – simple and delicate…lovers of vodka sauce choose this as a new favorite!
- Chicken Calabria – A longtime favorite in our kitchen. Boneless breast of chicken simmered in white wine sauce and flavored with artichokes and sun dried tomatoes.
- Stuffed Chicken Breast – Delicately breaded and baked boneless breast of chicken holding delicious bites of creamy broccoli and goat cheese…a flavorful roasted red pepper cream sauce is the topper!
- Roast Tenderloin of Pork with Peppers and Potatoes – Juicy slices of pork on a bed of sautéed peppers and potatoes…and old fashioned dish…still so tasty!
- Veal (or Chicken) Saltimbocca – Saltimbocca means “jump in the mouth” and this delicious combination of prosciutto, sage and cheese atop a cutlet and simmered in white wine calls for the happy dance for your taste buds!
- Veal or Chicken Piccata – True springtime brightness in this tasty lemon and caper sauce…the delicate white wine adds a special touch! Always available for parties or 10 or more….
- Our signature Crown Pork – A show stopping presentation as the sliced roast becomes juicy and tender chops….WOW your guests!
- Roast Leg of Lamb – A boneless leg of spring lamb roasted gently in our special herb mix.
- Beef Brisket – Roasted for hours for a melt in your mouth slice of flavorful beef.
Contorni (Side Dishes)
- Green Beans Florentine Style – Simple is good…lovely bright green beans flavored with tomatoes and fennel.
- Cauliflower Saltato – A recipe shared by our friend Lidia Bastianich…Pan Seared cauliflower dressed in lemon and mint…delizioso!
- Broccoli Romano – Another favorite in our kitchen. Bright green broccoli sautéed with olive oil and garlic and topped with zesty Pecorino Romano.
- Asparagus Parma Style – Simple…salt and pepper butter and Parmesan Cheese…simple is good!
- Roasted Spring Veggies – A beautiful and colorful of the best veggies the season has to offer simply roasted with the best olive oil and Sicilian sea salt… a great accompaniment to any meat selection.
- Roasted Rosemary Potatoes – Chunky slices of creamy russets tossed in olive and our own garden rosemary…yummy!
- Strawberries and Almonds over Mixed greens – a slightly sweet homemade vinaigrette is a delightful combination.
- Classic Italian – The true Italian family dinner salad…Romaine lettuce, sweet tomatoes, crisp cucumbers and a few other tasty toppers with a simple oil and vinegar dressing…just plain good!
- Berries, Greens and Goat Cheese – A fresh mixture of field greens dotted with berries and tangy goat cheese…oh that balsamic glaze is soooo good!
- Sunny Mediterranean – The perfect end to a feast…everyone loves the bright and refreshing dressing over salad greens and goodies…we’ll share the secret if you insist!
- Roasted Beets and Oranges – the absolute winner among salad choice. Always included on our menu and always a thumbs up!
- Cannoli and fresh fruit – crispy, creamy and sweet…the fruit is good too!
Nutella Tart…rich and decadent. A little goes a long way but you gotta have your chocolate!
- Orange and Pineapple Layer Cake – served chilled, a light and refreshing choice… you’ll think you’re on the patio!
- Cream Puffs Stuffed with Strawberries and real whipped cream – you can do it!
Italian…maybe not…but REALLY good. A flaky crust holding juicy apples and sweet cranberries. A scoop of vanilla ice cream…what else!
- Ricotta and Jam Tart – The Italian cheesecake… a thin layer of jam topped with creamy ricotta …light and delightful!
- Dinner is served family style.
- Please alert us to any dietary preferences or allergies. We will try to accommodate as best we can. We can happily accommodate vegetarians and gluten free guests; however, we are not able to accommodate vegans.
- Please call the shop to reserve a date. We do not take email reservations.
- Call the shop to make your menu selections at least 3 days before your event. 412*682*3370.
- Cost per person is $70 + tax and gratuity per person.
- Credit cards are excepted at the time of reservation for the deposit (1/2 the total number of guests). Please note this is not refundable or exchangeable for another date. However, only cash will be accepted for the remaining balance the night of the dinner.
- We respectfully request that your party adheres to the seating times.
- 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. (please no later than 8:45) or
- 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. (please no later than 9:15)
- You may bring your own wine (Wine only please; no hard alcohol). We have all the accessories. There is no corkage or opening charge.
- Recommended number of guests is 8 and no more than 10 to fit comfortably around our table. Please be aware that more than 10 guests will be served in the front rooms.