Join us for a private dinner with no less than 8 of your closest friends (we can accommodate up to 10 people.). We will prepare a special selection of appetizers from the best the market has to offer that day. You choose from the menu below one selection for each course to put together an amazing Italian feast. Don’t forget the wine as it is BYOB! Please choose from either the spring/summer menu or the fall menu – no combination of both (see below).
Price is $65+tax and gratuity per person! A deposit of 1/2 the payment is required to secure the reservation. Please understand that the deposit is not refundable and not transferable/exchangeable for another date.
PLEASE NOTE THAT AS OF JANUARY 1, 2018, THE COST IS $70 + TAX AND GRATUITY PER PERSON.
Spring/Summer Menu 2017
Best Choices of Our Cucina
Tortellini in your choice of chicken broth. Either choice is a deliciously light and tasty start to a great banquet!
Classic Wedding Soup True Italian “Zuppa Maritata” is a wonderful combination of hearty flavors.
Our own chicken stock holds tiny meatballs, buttery pieces of chicken, pastina and tortellini not to mention the great trinity of veggies to enhance the colorful bowl!
Tuscan Celery and Potato Soup The fresh flavor of bright celery and the creaminess of locally grown potatoes make a simple soup a flavorful dish!
Garden Minestrone All the goodness of a spring garden in a simmering pot of tastiness! No less than ten vegetables in combination to be both rich and light.
Tomato Capellini Our only tomato based broth on the list. A true family recipe shared with us by my dearest aunt in Italy. Broken bits of angel hair pasta in a tasty broth of Campari tomatoes and parsley …simple is good!
Zuppa di Latuga e Riso The first greens to be picked from a spring garden are tender and flavorful . A handful of Arborio rice adds some creaminess and homemade vegetable stock are just right.
Crepe Lasagna with Arugula and Prosciutto. Our airy crepes are layered with peppery arugula and imported prosciutto. Creamy mozzarella and nutmeg laced béchamel hold the dish together before we top it all with our buttery parmiggiano reggiano…it’s just good!
Imbustata a wonderful “envelope” of homemade egg pasta stuffed with sautéed Portobello mushrooms, spinach and red roasted peppers…topped with our creamy San Marzano sauce…send that envelope to MY table!
Linguine Capricciosa A light tomato sauce simmered with slivered banana peppers and shallots. The little kick from the peppers only makes you want another forkful until you get to the bottom of your plate!
Linguine with Shrimp and Clams…choose either a red or white sauce and enjoy the tasty morsels of seafood in every bite…nothing is a better than homemade pasta for this dish!
Four Cheese Ravioli with Broccoli, tomatoes and shallots…does every sauce have to be red and smooth??? This excellent vegetable topping keeps the pasta light and flavorful!
Mushroom Ravioli with Truffle Cream The most decadent of all the choices…Rich and creamy and lots of earthy truffle flavor…there’s no further explanation needed!
Stuffed Boneless Pork Chops A juicy breaded pork chop topped with a scoop of our favorite stuffing. Apricots and pecans add a different layer of flavor and the light gravy is the finishing touch.
Roasted Tenderloin of Pork A light and tender selection. The thin slices are surrounded by roasted carrots and potatoes and surely remind us of a good old fashioned family feast!
Pollo San Lorenzo You may remember this dish form an earlier menu…but the best is worth repeating!
A boneless fillet of chicken stuffed with goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes…breaded and baked and topped with roasted red pepper cream sauce…Delizioso from the inside to the outside!
Chicken Calabria Boneless filets of chicken breast simmered in a white wine sauce laced with sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts…The chicken melts in your mouth but DON’T ignore the veggies!
Chicken or Veal Piccata A light and lemony choice …perfect for the season!
Flounder Stuffed with Crabmeat Sweet jumbo lump crabmeat atop a buttery filet of baked flounder…set on a bed of sautéed spinach …beautiful and delish!
Pecan Crusted Salmon A bright topping of fresh parsley pesto anchors the crispy pecans atop the delicate filet …a favorite in our kitchen!
Always available to parties of 10 or more:
- Roasted Leg of Lamb Marinated in wine and herbs and then rubbed with olive oil and special seasonings before slowly roasting.
- Beef Brisket in Red Wine and Citrus Roasted for hours and the flavorful pan juices are the makings of a perfect gravy!
- Crown Roast of Pork A WOW presentation for a special occasion!
Fresh Green Beans with Tomatoes and Calamata Olives A colorful combination not to mention the medley of flavors which complement any meat selection.
Spring Roasted Carrots Local whole carrots simply brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with or Sicilian sea salt.
Smashed Yukon Gold Potatoes Both chunky and creamy and seasoned with fresh rosemary from our herb garden!
Greens and Beans…Always a favorite
Fresh Broccoli Sunday Style…that means that my Mom used to prepare broccoli this way for Sunday dinner…Sauteed with tomatoes and garlic and laced with the best olive oil!
Asparagus with Shallot Butter…Just enough seasoning to let the springtime flavor of this delicate vegetable shine through.
Served at the end of the meal…true Italian style
Classic Italian Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and…since you’re company…OLIVES TOO!
Sunny Mediterranean A gorgeous plate of greens laced with our favorite secret dressing…we’ll let you guess the flavor that stands out!
Spring and Summer call for Spinach and Strawberries…simply dressed with a tasty balsamic glaze.
Fennel and Oranges over Arugula Fresh and Peppery and the wonderful citrus to brighten your taste buds!
Roasted Beets and Oranges…This is probably our most popular salad. Freshly roasted beets with slices of sweet oranges on a bed or romaine. Salty feta and toasted walnuts only enhance the refreshing combination!
Crème Brule topped with Raspberries
Cannoli with fresh fruit plate
Ricotta Tart with Amarena Cherries
Rustic Tuscan Apple Cake with a dollop of whipped crème and caramel sauce
Italian Gelato with Homemade Biscotti and Pizzelle
Fall Menu 2017
Best choices of La Cucina
– Classic Wedding Lots of tasty goodies in a rich homemade chicken stock….spinach, pastina and tiny , meatballs…oh my! Pass the Parmesan!
– Escarole, tiny meatballs and cannellini beans Hearty and light at the same time. Served with a toasted crostini to soak up all the flavorful broth!
– Tomato Capellini A rich tomato based broth with broken bits of angel hair pasta…we enjoy this all season long on chilly evenings.
– Creamy Butternut Squash …delicate, rich and creamy with a sprinkle of freshly grated nutmeg and a sprinkle of toasted pecans.
– Linguine Puttanesca A spicy sauce with peppers, capers and olives crown tender homemade linguine…some grated cheese and you’re in heaven!
– Spaghetti all’Amatriciana A bacon flavored tomato sauce simmered until sweet and smoky. Named for the town near Rome and enjoyed often on our visit to Italy this summer…delizioso!
– Penne with Roasted Tomatoes, Eggplant and Zucchini…Imported pasta and homemade sauce…a perfect combination.
– Roasted Vegetable Lasagna Tender sheets of homemade pasta layered with freshly roasted seasonal veggies and three cheeses. A creamy San Marzano sauce and béchamel…nothin’ better
– Lasagna Bolognese Our wonderful Bolognese sauce layers the pasta sheets and cheeses…hours in the making but oh sooooo good!
– Portobello Mushroom Ravioli with Truffle Cream Sauce…decadently rich and flavorful. The earthy flavor of the truffles is such a perfect complement to the mushrooms…a perfect fall plate.
– Chicken Rosemary Ravioli with our simple butter and rosemary sauce…tasty and light before a hearty meat course.
– Homemade Crepe Manicotti…your choice of spinach with chicken, shrimp and roasted red peppers or meat and three cheeses topped with a creamy pesto béchamel…oh my!! (choose only one type please)
Choose Veal or Chicken with one of the following three sauces
***With Artichokes and Mushrooms in a delightful creamy white wine sauce
***Piccata… White wine, lemon and capers…so tasty and light…spoon up that sauce!
***Alla Parmigiana Our best homemade tomato sauce and topped with shredded imported provolone and mozzarella…really good..and a crowd favorite!
– Stuffed Pork Chops…Always a hit. Thick boneless pork chops breaded and topped with our apricot and pecan stuffing…just perfect!
– Veal with Sausage, Peppers and Onions Old School Italian American kitchens served this dish as a festive favorite. It’s true party fare!
– Pork Tenderloin with Carrots and Potatoes…the fillet of pork…tender and delicate. Pan juices and veggies are all just right!
– Boneless Breast of Chicken Stuffed with Spinach and Feta topped with a Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce…Our kitchen votes YES!!!!
– Cod Florentine A fillet of white fish topped with spinach and baby shrimp then drizzled with lemon butter.
For Groups of 10 or more:
– Crown Roast of Pork our homemade seasonings rubbed delicately over the meat which will roast for hours before the WOW presentation is made at the table.
– Bone In Chuck Roast Family Style all the way. Nothing says friends and family around the table like a perfectly seasoned roast surrounded by potatoes and carrots!
Contorni (Veggies and Side dishes)
– Broccoli Romano Bright green crowns sautéed with grated Romano cheese and just a sprinkle of pepper flakes.
– Ciambotta A favorite of many of our guests. A beautiful assortment of seasonal veggies like eggplant, green beans , zucchini and red peppers in a light tomato sauce.
– Greens and Beans Sauteed with olive oil and garlic…that’s it…simple is good!
– Glazed carrots Our honey and cinnamon glaze could make these sweet slices count as dessert!
– Green Beans with Tomatoes and Calamata Olives…Fresh green beans and fresh tomatoes…the perfect combination.
– Baked Potatoes Uncomplicated and Creamy…butter and salt is good…olive oil and salt EVEN Better!
– Classic Italian. A garden of goodies with extra virgin olive oil and golden balsamic.
– Roasted Beets and Oranges with Toasted Walnuts and Feta REAL roasted beets are the BEST!
– Apples, Pecans and Gorgonzola over Romaine drizzled with olive oil and balsamic glaze
– Sardegnan Walnut Cake A dense cake loaded with walnuts and honey. A little goes a long way and a scoop of gelato is the crowning touch!
– Cannoli and fresh fruit…We served over 2000 cannoli at the Italian Festival…they must be good!
– Cookies and Gelato An assortment of Italian Cookies side by side with a scoop of Italian gelato.
– Tres Leches Cake OMG!!!! From our South American friends with an Italian flare…Cool and craeamy and moist…LINDA’s NEW FAVORITE!!!
– Chocolate Kahlua Cake Our homemade chocolate cake drizzled with liqueur and covered with chocolate icing…chocolate lovers unite!
- Dinner is served family style.
- Please alert us to any dietary preferences or allergies. We will try to accommodate as best we can. We can happily accommodate vegetarians and gluten free guests; however, we are not able to accommodate vegans.
- Please call the shop to reserve a date. We do not take email reservations.
- Call the shop to make your menu selections at least 3 days before your event. 412*682*3370.
- Cost per person is $65 + tax and gratuity per person. PLEASE NOTE THAT AS OF JANUARY 1, 2018, THE COST PER PERSON IS $70 + TAX AND GRATUITY.
- Credit cards are excepted at the time of reservation for the deposit (1/2 the total number of guests). Please note this is not refundable or exchangeable for another date. However, only cash will be accepted for the remaining balance the night of the dinner.
- We respectfully request that your party adheres to the seating times.
- 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. (please no later than 8:45) or
- 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. (please no later than 9:15)
- You may bring your own wine (Wine only please; no hard alcohol). We have all the accessories. There is no corkage or opening charge.
- Recommended number of guests is 8 and no more than 10 to fit comfortably around our table. Please be aware that more than 10 guests will be served in the front rooms.