Join us for a private dinner with no less than 8 of your closest friends (we can accommodate up to 10 people.). We will prepare a special selection of appetizers from the best the market has to offer that day. You choose from the menu below one selection for each course to put together an amazing Italian feast. Don’t forget the wine as it is BYOB! Please choose from either the spring/summer menu or the fall menu – no combination of both (see below).
Price is $75 (includes tax, NOT gratuity) per person! A deposit of 1/2 the payment is required to secure the reservation. Please understand that the deposit is not refundable and not transferable/exchangeable for another date.
Fall 2018/Winter 2019 Menu
- Best choices of la cucina
Please choose one item from each course
- Kale, White Bean and Sausage – Colorful, garlicky and just a little spice makes this beautiful soup just hearty enough for winter and a great starter for an Italian feast!
- Classic Wedding Soup – Everyone loves it! Piping hot and loaded with goodies—even a tortellini or two.
- Winter Minestrone – Every winter veggie you can think of in a rich tomato broth—those chunks of potatoes are a creamy substitute for the pasta!
- White Pasta e Fagioli – A creamy broth made with cannellini beans. Tiny bits of crunch pancetta and little homemade cavatelli make this a true winter delight!
- Pasta in Brodo – My aunt loves that we include this old family recipe with our selections! Light and flavorful—with tiny bits of capellini pasta and good home canned tomatoes! A good sprinkle of Parmesan cheese is the perfect finish touch!
- Creamy Butternut Squash – Mario planted this wonderful squash in our summer garden just for this dish! Light and creamy with just a hint of autumn spice…it’s a winner!
- Linguine Bolognese – The hearty meat sauce from Bologna over homemade pasta really reminds you of Sunday dinner at your Nonna’s house!
- Chicken and Spinach Manicotti with Creamy Pesto Béchamel – Our crepe manicotti stuffed with tender pieces of chicken and spinach and just gently layered with our fresh pesto cream sauce.
- Porcini and Portobello Mushroom Ravioli with Truffle Cream Sauce – Delicate pillows of deliciousness made sublime (yes, sublime) with the creamiest of sauces laced with truffles which came home with us from Umbria this Fall!
- Lobster Ravioli – Tender homemade pasta surrounding sweet lobster meat. Simply dressed with bright grape tomatoes and fresh basil butter sauce.
- Roasted Veggie Lasagna – Our own pasta layers filled with roasted seasonal veggies, our classic red wine tomato sauce and lots of mozzarella, romano and parmesan cheeses…what a hearty combination!
- Mezzi Rigatoni with Crumbled Hot Sausage and Petite Green Peas – Imported pasta gently covered in our homemade tomato sauce. The crumbled sausage and peas are tasty surprises that hide in the bite size little tubes. Pass the Parmesan for this one!
- Chicken Marsala – Tender boneless fillets of chicken breast with lots of mushrooms and Marsala wine!
- Stuffed Chicken Breast – A tender boneless fillet of chicken butterflied and stuffed with goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes and topped with a wonderful roasted red pepper cream sauce!
- Pork Chops alla Bruschetta – Our own homemade breading coats the marinated thick boneless chops. Fresh tomatoes, bright green basil and flavorful balsamic glaze are the delicious topping!
- Roast Tenderloin of Pork – The fillet of pork! Juicy, tender and light surrounded by a ring of seasoned roasted root veggies…it’s a perfect fall and winter dish!
- Veal Scaloppini with Peppers and Onions – Sautéed red and green peppers crown the tender fillets of veal which have been pan seared in butter and white wine!
- Veal Saltimbocca – This wonderful combination of flavors does “jump in the mouth”. A velvety sage and white sauce tops the tender veal cutlets laced with imported prosciutto.
(Veal dishes are easily substituted with chicken…just let us know!)
Always offered for parties of 10 or more…
- Beef Brisket – We never really knew how many people LOVE beef brisket! Ours cooks for hours in a special wine and mushroom sauce and just falls apart ! Some crusty Italian bread will soak up all the gravy!
- Roast Leg of Lamb – Marinated in Red Wine and our own blend of herbs and spices. Roasted for hours until tender and flavorful.
- Crown Roast of Pork (Parties of 10 or more only) – Tenderly Roasted for hours with a marinade of red wine and special herbs. A gorgeous presentation which become tender and juicy, thick chops on your plate!
(For parties less than 10…there will be a flat $50 upcharge for these meat selections)
Contorni (Side Dishes)
- Green Beans with Tomatoes and Olives – Bright fresh green beans sautéed with fresh plum tomatoes and zesty oil cured olives…flavors that dance in your mouth!
- Roasted Rosemary Potatoes – A perfect accompaniment to any meat selection. No herb pairs better than fresh rosemary from the garden , a few cloves of garlic and it’s all good!
- Ciambotta – An OLD FASHIONED veggie stew that Nonna made to use up all the summer garden had remaining. We’ll make it just for you with eggplant, zucchini, green beans and potatoes. A little tomato sauce to gently coat …grab a slice of crusty bread!
- Roasted Seasonal Vegetables – A colorful assortment of root vegetables simply coated with good olive oil and then sprinkled with Sicilian sea salt…Simple is always good
- Greens and Beans – A perennial favorite. We choose the freshest assortment of greens like Swiss chard, spinach, escarole and kale. The creamy beans and garlic are a perfect addition.
- Zucchini with Pancetta – Slices of tender zucchini layered with homemade bread crumbs, pancetta and romano…so tasty with any of the meat selections.
- Classic Italian – Not fancy but Nonna finished every meal with this tasty combination of lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers. She would add olives and pepperoncini for company…We’ll do it for you!
- Apples Pecans and Gorgonzola over Romaine – A perfect combination for the season…sweet, salty and crunchy…Yum!
- Pears Walnuts and Arugula – Another seasonal favorite. Bosc pears are at their peak , the toasted walnuts add another layer of flavor. The peppery zest of the arugula is a perfect complement!
- Roasted Beets and Oranges – Have you ever had a true freshly roasted beet… You’ll never open another can! Top tender romaine with beets, oranges, walnuts and tangy feta… Yes, an unusual combination but a perfect way to end a wonderful meal.
- Cannoli and fresh fruit – A light and tasty choice. Can I tell you that we sold over 2000 cannoli during the Italian festival this year! They must be pretty good!
- Tiramisu – layers of mascarpone cheese, espresso soaked lady fingers and cocoa…it is a TRUE delight!
- Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate – Cake Our Homemade chocolate cake layered and iced with chocolate whipped icing then crusted with teeny tiny chocolate chips…If you’re not a chocoholic, you will be after the first bite!
- Bosc Pears in Red Wine – An elegant finish to a feast. The crisp pears are simmered in red wine and special spices until they are crimson and tender. With a dollop of whipped cream…it’s just enough.
- Pumpkin Ricotta Tart – The flavors of the season in a light and creamy ricotta custard…move over PUMPKIN PIE!
- Dinner is served family style.
- Please alert us to any dietary preferences or allergies. We will try to accommodate as best we can. We can happily accommodate vegetarians and gluten free guests; however, we are not able to accommodate vegans.
- Please call the shop to reserve a date. We do not take email reservations.
- Call the shop to make your menu selections at least 3 days before your event. 412*682*3370.
- Cost is $75 (includes tax, not gratuity) per person.
- Credit cards are excepted at the time of reservation for the deposit (1/2 the total number of guests). Please note this is not refundable or exchangeable for another date. However, only cash or check will be accepted for the remaining balance the night of the dinner.
- If you choose to pay by credit card for the remaining balance, please call the shop before 4 p.m. the day of your event.
- We respectfully request that your party adheres to the seating times.
- 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. (please no later than 8:45) or
- 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. (please no later than 9:15)
- You may bring your own wine (Wine only please; no hard alcohol). We have all the accessories. There is no corkage or opening charge.
- Recommended number of guests is 8 and no more than 10 to fit comfortably around our table. Please be aware that more than 10 guests will be served in the front rooms.